If your dreams don’t scare you, they are not big enough, said Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, the first elected female head of state in Africa. I suppose she’s one of the good examples with scary dreams if she managed to get so far away.
Her quote has following me for a long time because I realize that my dreams do scare me. So, today I want to talk about our future goals and how important they are for our mental health.
When it comes to our lives and the opportunity to do something good for our physical and spiritual health, either we are too comfortable to do it, either we are scared to fail.
Yes, failing and changes are always hard to assimilate, but without these two, you will never become that person that you always wanted to be.
You won’t loose weight if don’t start to have a healthier diet, you won’t quit smoking if you don’t think about your health, you won’t gain more money if you don’t change your job or work harder, you won’t have a good relationship if you don’t give up on negative people.
And there is one more thing: becoming someone that you’re proud of has always been hard. Hard as hell. But worth it. So, why not dream big? In the end, I guess it will only bring you satisfaction.
I was a dreamer since I know myself, I have a rich imagination, I like to make plans for the future and think about my continuous development almost every day. I want to become a better person, I like to discover more about this huge world and I want to experience many things until I’ll find the “profession of my life” (not there yet).
There are so many things that I love: music dancing, traveling, great stories and people. I like to be close to different people, I love to hear new life stories and meet new characters that may inspire me to get to my better version.
Being active on social media lately and finding inspirational people from all around the world, I’ve set up some meetings and experiences that would bring such an amazing joy to my soul if they will ever become real. I’m talking about those dreams and they are so big that may sound untouchable now.
So, here are some of my biggest dreams from my bucket list:
- Becoming a motivational couch- As I said before, I always loved to listen to different stories, either bad or good, but more then this, I like to help and encourage people to follow their instincts to fulfill a desire or make a radical change in their lives. I still have, though, to improve my public speaking skills and work on my emotions.
- Getting to know Tom Bilyeu at Impact Theory– For me is one of the people with the most “educational and motivational” shows. His guests are those kind of people that can give you a life lesson and inspire you to unlock your potential and become your best version by the end of your life. Most of them have a difficult story behind, but that’s something even more interesting to learn from. More then this, you should live every day like it’s your last day.
- I don’t know if I’ll be able to ever visit the whole planet, but I hope to travel in 90% of the countries.
- I want to experience the long meditation in India
- I would like to volunteer in Africa
- I dream about a “jungle adventure”, most probably in South America
- I want to experience a flight on business class
- My love for movie maker has started during my Masters and it became bigger in the last few years. I hope to be able to say my own stories through video, one day. More then this, I would like to be part of a community with people that share together this passion. I have in my mind some important names, but I will keep them for myself 🙂
- My blog is just a pleasure at the moment, so “my part time” job. I write when I can or I think I have something to talk about. I would like, in the future, to be able to inspire people through my articles to travel more and become better people.
- It would be a pleasure to be interviewed by Lorena Buhnici and Andreea Esca and vice versa- it is not about becoming famous, it is about “being interesting enough” for others to listen to your story.
- I would like to unblock my fears, listen to my instincts and start working on my own little projects.
- I dream about playing with an otter, bath an elephant and swim with the dolphins.
- I hope to become more minimalist and learn how to use and buy only the things that I would really need.
- I would like to understand that life is short and create a life movie that I could proudly watch when I’ll get old.
- I want to smile and love more and enjoy every moment of my life.
- I want to find my passion and earn money from it.
- I want to be surrounded by positive people and avoid toxic relationships.
- …and last, but maybe one of the most important things is to get rid of the unhealthy thoughts that affected my childhood and still does it now.
Dreaming big is obviously, different for each of us and if you notice, my kind of dreams are related to finding the perfect profession, to new experiences and the people that I’m surrounded by.
My dreams scare me because, in order to achieve many of those things mentioned above, I have to work hard, but I guess I already know what it means.
My advice? Set up some goals, act small and you will see the results shortly. And…the most important thing: trust yourself! You are more capable then you can even imagine!
Thanks for reading, M.